If you are a foreigner wishing to open a business in Romania, you should know that Romania has an amazing taxation in terms of profits and dividends, with 16% respectively 5%. This tends to be one of the lowest in the European Union.
Romania's macroeconomic situation is one of the strongest in EU in terms of GDP growth, with 4.9% in 2016 and an estimated 5.2% for 2017. You may decide to open a small office or a large manufacturing plant, a service business or a support company. In all cases you should know that Romania has striking advantages comparing to the countries in the region:
- a well educated work force, multilingual and culturally tolerant;
- a large population (approx 18 mil people living in Romania today);
- a large Romanian expat community abroad (approx 5 mil Romanians live abroad);
- laws supporting the business environment even though sometimes the beaurocracy tends to be higher than in other places.
You may find these links useful in your initial journey:
- Invest Romania, the government body supporting foreign investments (http://investromania.gov.ro/web/)
- Romanian Chamber of Commerce (http://ccir.ro/)
- Romanian Trade Registry (www.onrc.ro)